We’re very pleased to announce that June’s uptime figure was a massive 99.98%.
Posts Tagged ‘simplewebhosting.co.uk’
As a member of Nominet, the organisation responsible for .uk domains, we’re very pleased to announce that simplewebhosting.co.uk customers can now register .co.uk, .org.uk, .me.uk, .ltd.uk and .plc.uk domains for up to ten years!
Previously .uk domains could only be registered for two years but now you can register for anything from twelve months to ten years.
We’ve already renewed our important domains (eg: whois) for the full ten years to protect our business – you should do the same.
As of this morning, our goMobi mobile website publishing service has been updated to v1.6.
There are quite a few small changes and additions to the goMobi service, but the overall experience remains very similar to what it was for those using the Site Builder. It remains very intuitive and existing sites will continue to work just fine.
That said, there are quite a few new features in version 1.6:
- Ability to upload icons to features – a much requested feature!
- Option to add smartphone bookmark – upload a custom icon to be used when users create a shortcut to the goMobi site on their supported smartphone.
- Live site preview – the site preview in the Site Builder now emulates the experience on a smartphone.
- Keywords – improve SEO with meta keywords.
- New icon set – added a new theme.
- WordPress and Drupal redirection modules – available from the Advanced Feature or Finish page of the Site Builder.
- Site sharing options added to Finish page – easily promote your new goMobi site on Facebook, Twitter, Email or by QR code.
- Improved Advanced Options – makes it easier for users to access advanced options when desired.
- New site colour options – users can more completely customize the goMobi site to match the colour palette of their existing site.
- WYSIWYG Editor added to Coupons – make rich, HTML coupons with images and text.
- Email option added to Find Us feature – let visitors send you an email to the email address of your choice.
- Additional language options added to Site Translation feature – more languages supported by the built-in translation feature.
- Email and SMS options added to the Create Link feature – create a link that opens email or SMS on certain smartphones.
- Additional Currencies added to mCommerce option – support for ten additional currencies.
- Video feature limit – increased from four to eight.
- Number of locations – increased from four to six.
If you’re not already a goMobi user, find out more at http://www.simplewebhosting.co.uk/gomobi
Don’t let your website get hacked! Protect your business as trusted operation and your customers’ online interests with a cost-effective daily anti-malware scan. GeoTrust Anti-Malware Scan can help identify malware strains and assure your customers that your site has been scanned for malware by showing an anti-malware seal from GeoTrust, one of the most popular SSL brands on the web.
simplewebhosting.co.uk has teamed up with GeoTrust to ensure that your website is 100% malware free. The Anti-Malware scan offers:
- Daily anti-malware scan for regular check-ups
- Analysis of web page for identifiable malicious code plus monitoring to identify malicious activity to enable easy clean-up of infected site
- Instant alerts identifying malicious code to enable fast malware removal
- On-demand scans to enable quick confirmation of clean site status
- Display of the GeoTrust trust mark, the number one brand of SSL for the top 1 million most visited domains on the web